I've gone on another binge of downloading music from netlabels. You know how the net is...one link leads you to another and then another and another and the next thing you know, you've download 10 free releases.
Free is obviously a huge attraction for most netlabel releases. With some of the recordings, it's a good thing they are free. It's not that they are bad, just that I probably won't come back to them again and again in the future. However, some releases are very good. Nest, released earlier this year on Serein is an excellent recording. Marsen Jules has two Autoplate releases, Yara & Lazy Sunday Funerals, which I highly recommend. I haven't really had time to digest all the new music yet, but I thought I'd put together a quick mix using all netlabel albums that I've downloaded in the last couple of weeks. Here's a list of some interesting netlabels...
I just noticed a new Off The Sky release at Autoplate. That should be worth checking out. All of the labels listed here are worth browsing.
- 00:00 - 03:30 nim is a tree - a sunday walk (tri postal)
- 03:30 - 06:30 krill.minima - sommerdellen (thinner)
- 06:30 - 09:50 Alexandre Navarro - la terre (mandorla)
- 09:50 - 12:40 Muhr - 'a gouache des temps (serein)
- 12:40 - 20:30 Klotzsch & Sudermann - corylus avellana (autoplate)
- 20:30 - 24:35 Bersarin Quartet - st. petersburg (aerotone)
- 24:35 - 28:35 Weigl & Hoffmann - country lane (autoplate)
- 28:35 - 35:15 Twile - spanish cruiser (autoplate)
- 35:15 - 38:00 Herzog - there are options (12rec)
- 38:00 - 42:33 Cantaloup - dawns & echos (aerotone)
- 42:33 - 46:00 Haruki - sometimes seeing through things helps (rain music)
- 46:00 - 49:33 Silencio - botaniska trdgrd (tri postal)
- 49:33 - 53:43 Bersarin Quartet - es kann nicht ewig (aerotone)
- 53:43 - 1:02:19 Childs - marysal(fax emix) (mandorla)