July 31st, 2009
I have been very busy this summer and I haven't had time to even think about a new mix. So it's perfect timing that I have a new guest mix to present.
"Gravity" is a fantastic new mix by Jason O'Gorman. Jason did a mix called "Satellite" for us in March of last year. I really enjoyed that mix & was always hoping he'd do another and here it is.
About the mix, Jason says...
"Think I'll call it "gravity", my head's stuck into plenty of books about quantum mechanics, parallel universes and all that at the moment - so gravity fits - or does it? :-p LOL. The vast majority of the tracks are fed through lots of reverb and eq feedback - giving a nice wash of sound during the crossover stages of the mix, therefore "blurring" the boundaries, so to speak. And I've selected tracks which are pretty much "in key", or work musically. Suffice to say, Im pretty happy with the final result "
I think everyone will be happy with the final result. One look at the tracklist & I knew it was going to be good then I heard the long, wonderful segues & I was hooked. Jason added this about the segues & start times...
"One thing, the track times listed - are the times they start, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll "hear" them at that time, but they're there, creeping in. Sometimes they're are 4 tracks playing together - the transitions are pretty long!"
t r a c k l i s t :
- 00.00 Like The Foot Prints Of An Invisible Man - Jasper TX & Anduin
- 00.20 A Box of Wood in the Storm - Jasper TX
- 05.00 Excerpt 2/3 - ww.lowman
- 05.10 Cosmos 1 - Murcof
- 08.30 Pillar - David Daniell
- 11.40 Everything Disappears In A Tunnel Of Light- Jasper TX & Anduin
- 15.20 In a Stony Place - Mira Calix
- 18.45 Still Upon the Ocean Floor - Loscil
- 20.00 Invocation - Gregg Kowalsky
- 20.10 Auf der Gasse - Stephan Mathieu
- 23.15 Stele - David Tagg
- 28.00 Mulm Og Mørke - Mulm
- 31.40 Untitled 3 - William Basinski & Richard Chartier
- 35.10 Opening Sky - Steve Roach
- 37.00 Nocturne - Stephan Mathieu + Taylor Deupree
- 37.30 Pictures from Airplanes - David Tagg
- 41.45 The Sirens - St. Kilda
- 45.40 Filitosa - Melodium
- 47.15 A Stop at the Chord Cascades - Tim Hecker
- 47.33 V - Gregg Kowalsky
- 49.15 Vi-Vii - Gregg Kowalsky
- 52.00 Monochrome 1 - Tu M'