Here's the latest in the Sunday Morning Music series. And as usual it follows a similar path to its predecessors - little bit of quiet vocals, little bit of jazz, little bit of classical, little bit of everything.
The first track in the mix is from DeYarmond Edison, which is Justin Vernon's first band from 2005. Vernon is the man behind Bon Iver. He's a fellow Wisconsonite that hit the big time with his For Emma album back in 2007. I discovered the DeYarmond Edison album while doing some Bon Iver research and found that it is an excellent album. Vernon is also a member of Volcano Choir, which has a cut in this mix as well. I have a Justin Vernon mix in the works. It will feature his music along with music from the many artists he has connections with.
As much as I like that first track, the highlight of this mix for me is the Kate Bush tune, Snowflake, from her wonderful album, 50 Words for Snow. She sings the song from the point of view of a snowflake, I only used about half of the song in the mix.
A couple of others favorite tunes in this mix are Ladder in Place from rf, very bright and happy. I have always loved the Underworld cut, To Heal and used it as part of the title for this installment of the Sunday series. And finally, the Daryll Hall tune at the end from his offbeat collaboration with Robert Fripp is another fav.
Other mixes on the horizon include a space rock mix, ambient dub, breathing, time dilation, Americana, sea music and the previously mentioned Justin Vernon Family Tree mix.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 DeYarmond Edison - Time to Know
- 05:56 Pink Floyd - Things Left Unsaid
- 08:27 Underworld - To Heal
- 10:15 Black Elk - III_IV
- 15:05 Kate Bush - Snowflake
- 19:55 Gem Club - Red Arrow(john)
- 22:40 rf - Ladder in PLace
- 26:15 Kjell Anderson - Broadway Valetine
- 28:57 Volcano Choir - Husks and Shells
- 32:00 Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Air
- 35:50 Piers Faccini & Vincet Segall - A Half of Me
- 40:00 Dublin Guitar Quartet - Mishima V
- 43:28 Moon Ate the Dark - She Swimming
- 46:30 Labradford - P
- 55:25 Daryl Hall - Without Tears
- 58:17 end