I'm not sure where this mix began. Possibly late at night, glass of whiskey on the table, slow jazz playing in the background. Arve Henriksen probably came up & got me thinking about dark, atmospheric jazz. Which sends me to Spotify to investigate more jazz noir, which leads to the discovery of Shadowdream & Dead Combo, which leads to a new mix.
As you've probably guessed by now this is a late night, atmospheric jazz set. I knew when I started this mix that I'd have to include something from the Twin Peaks soundtrack because that is the first thing I think of when contemplating noir jazz. The Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch cut that I picked works nicely because also used it for the title of the mix.
I really like the mood and feel of this entire mix and I hope you do too. Grab a scotch and give it a spin in the dark.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Angelo Badalamenti - Mysterioso 2
- 04:37 Arve Henriksen - The Sacristan
- 07:45 The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - Avian Lung
- 12:45 Triosk - Awake in the Deep
- 14:18 Harold Budd - Emboldened-My Dreams Perish
- 16:30 Shadowdream - The Obsession Begins Tomorrow
- 20:40 Daniel Lanois - Sketches
- 24:40 Dead Combo - After Peace Swim Twice
- 27:55 Povarovo - Methro Nome
- 31:03 Arms And Sleepers - Atelier
- 33:05 Cliff Martinez - Ask him why he killed my brother
- 35:04 Shaqdowdream - The Hour of the Wolf, Alfa and Omega
- 37:25 Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Karin
- 40:50 Julien Neto - V Rivers
- 45:25 Arve Henriksen - Recording Angel
- 47:25 Pjusk - Dempet
- 50:10 Jon Hassell - Light on Water
- 57:40 Nick Cave - Magneto
- 62:45 end