an expedition is launched
springs into being
the journey begins
This is a follow up to an earlier mix Leaving the Station, which had a train theme. I had several people ask if I was planning on a follow up and, well, here it is.
My favorite track in this mix is El Divisadero by Chris Watson from his wonderful field recording album, El Tren Fantasma. I've used this track before but it's so awesome I just had to use it here.
Another track in this mix that I've used before is Dialing in the Sun by Paul Ellis. It's an excellent berlin school cut that has this great clicky-clack sound that works perfectly here.
The rest of the mix is a collection of old(Richard Pinhas) and new(Andy Stott) cuts.
On a side note, I don't know if anyone has noticed but embedded in each mp3 for download is the mix tracklist. So if you're playing it on your phone or on some pc players, you should be able to see the tracklist when the mix is playing.
Other mixes coming soon, or maybe I should say sometime this year, a sort of jazz mix, a new age massage mix, a sci fi mix, a dubby mix, a space rock mix, guest mixes and many more I haven't even thought of yet.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Edinburgh - City Streets and Train Station
- 00:40 The Elf Machine - Asymmetric Transition
- 03:27 Arovane - Passage to Nagoya
- 05:15 Locust - I'll Be There
- 08:57 Forrest Fang - Bothered
- 12:27 Paul Ellis - Dialing in the Sun
- 17:45 Chris Watson - El Divisadero
- 22:00 Circular - Synchronus
- 29:00 The Black Dog - Exhibit 1.1
- 33:20 Function and Vatican Shadow - Things Unknown
- 40:20 Dub Tractor - More or Less Mono
- 44:08 The Field - Arpeggiated Love
- 48:55 Richard Pinhas - Melodic Simple Transition
- 52:15 Andy Stott - Science and Industry
- 57:57 Torn Hawk - She Happens
- 1:02:55 Ten and Tracer - Figure and Ground
- 1:06:05 Deepchord - Day's End
- 1:08:11 end