November 22, 2020
I'm in the process of making lists of my top 5 instrumental albums for each year from 1970 to the present. Yeah, it's going take a while. So I was digging around in my music hard drive looking for music that would fit those lists and I stumbled upon the track Tulpa Ovi by Robag Wruhme. I immediately loved the feel of tune and knew I needed it in a mix.
The cut has a feeling of motion similar to others I've used in train themed mixes. But it was more gentle, almost wistful. It made me think of traveling during sunset or the golden hour. Hence the title "Keeping Time in the Golden Hour."
From there I collected tracks, new and old, with a similar vibe. In addition to the cut by Robag Wruhme my other favorites in this mix are "St. Catherine and the Calm" by Francis Harris and "Ankeney, Iowa" by Tiki Obmar. I like all the tracks in this mix but those two really get me.
Normally I'd say this would be a perfect mix for traveling during the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday but it's 2020 so stay home. Put this mix on and do some virtual traveling.
T R A C K L I S T I N G :
- 00:00 Francis Harris - St. Catherine and the Calm (Trivial Occupations 2018)
- 08:25 Robag Wruhme - Tulpa Ovi (Thora Vukk 2011)
- 10:42 Night Sea - Cherry (Still 2020)
- 16:18 Tiki Obmar - Ankeney, Iowa (High School Confidential 2003)
- 28:18 Ghosting Season - Through Your Teeth ( The Very Last Of The Saints 2012)
- 32:43 Saphileaum - Soft Warming (In Distant Terra 2020)
- 37:37 Sven Laux - Grass-Covered Plain (We Were Here 2013)
- 46:08 Halftribe & Spinnet - Mr & Mrs Everywhere (Patterns of Sync 2020)
- 53:14 Robag Wruhme - Prognosen Bomm (Thora Vukk 2011)
- 56:25 vau - Nightfall (ways of stillness 2018)
- 63:43 end