So I set out to do a bleak, cold October mix. But as usually happens with mixes, they take on a life of their own and lead you in different directions. I realized, as I was collecting tunes, that I didn't want the mix to turn into some dark, Halloween-ish affair.
Ultimately I turned to all new music as source material. While most of it is not all bleak & depressing, neither is it all sunny & bright. I'm glad to have worked some currents favs into the mix, such as Leyland Kirby, Sufjan Stevens, Loren Dent & Volcano Choir.
Even though today was a beautiful, sunny fall day, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for a hot cup of coffee, listening to this mix & gazing beyond this, or any, window.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 wind
- 00:30 Solo Andata - Beyond this Window (from the album Solo Andata)
- 04:00 David Tagg - Wind Blown Guitar (from the album Wind Blown Guitar)
- 07:50 Aidan Baker - Explosions (from the album Dry)
- 11:30 Segue - October (from the album Grey)
- 16:00 Ian Hawgood - Shore Peotry (from the album Snow Roads)
- 16:30 Isnaj Dui - That whgich was lost (from the album unstable equlibrium)
- 22:00 Leyland Kirby - Memories live longer than dreams (from the album sadly the future is no longer what it was)
- 27:20 Sufjan Stevens - Postlude - Critical Mass (from the album The BQE)
- 29:30 Talvihorros - Handwriting Pt. 1 (from the album Some Ambulance)
- 34:20 Loren Dent - Ecstasy of Morning (from the album Anthopology extras)
- 40:50 Ave Maria stretched
- 42:50 Billy Gomberg - Verse (from the album Days)
- 47:50 Volcano Choir - Husks & Shells (from the album unmap)
- 51:00 Chihei Hatakeyama - Landscape on a Hill (from the album Saunter)
- 59:22 end