As I said in the previous post, there was so much good music this year, every year really, that I couldn't fit it all into one mix. So here is volume 2. This one focuses on modern classical/electro-acoustic music.
The first track in the mix is from William Ryan Fritch's massive album - Deceptive Cadence - Music For Film Vol I & II, easily the best release of the year. It was just one of several albums put out by Lost Tribe Sound that are all phenomenal. Anybody who likes beautiful packaging should check out their stuff. 2019 saw some gorgeous sets from LTS.
Some of my other favorite releases of 2019 came from Whitelabrecs. They had a monster year putting out a ton of excellent albums. They started the year strong with Grønland by Glåsbird and Vihne by Jens Pauly and kept going all the way to Timecuts by Luis Miehlich and Lowlands by Jack Hyde.
Here's to more good music and more mixes in 2020, that is if the presidential campaign doesn't make me drive off a cliff.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 William Ryan Fritch - Sleight of Hand (Deceptive Cadence-Music For Film Vol I & II) [lost tribe sound]
- 07:00 Olga Wojciechowska - Ready to Return (Infinite Distances) [ASIP]
- 11:35 Sven Laux and Daniela Orvin - A Moment of Silence (The Writings) [dronarivm]
- 16:32 Bersarin Quartett - Nichts zu verlieren (Methoden und Maschinen) [denovali]
- 21:40 The Phonometrician - We're Burning (Mnemosyne)[lost tribe sound]
- 25:05 Seabuckthorn - To Which the Rest Were Dreamt (Crossing) [eilean]
- 28:20 Dalot - May-ness (Place Language) [fluid radio]
- 34:05 A Winged Victory for the Sullen - The Slow Descent Has Begun (The Undivided Five) [ninja tune]
- 38:38 Anne Müller - Nummer 2 (Heliopause) [erased tapes]
- 44:09 William Ryan Fritch - Pristine (Artifishal)[lost tribe sound]
- 46:07 Glåsbird - Hvítar Fjöll (Grønland) [whitelabrecs]
- 53:00 Porya Hatami, Aaron Martin, Roberto Attanasio - Rebendan (Sallaw) [dronarivm]
- 61:00 Ian Hawgood - Grace (Impermanence) [Slowcraft]
- 65:10 end