Cover art by Sven Geier, http://www.sgeier.net/fractals/
I have talked many times here about how a single track or artist can inspire a mix. Well, that seems to have happened with this latest mix from Paul.
He emailed me about a month ago about Kubusschnitt, a group creating berlin school style electronic music. That discovery set him on the course of creating a mix of sequencer tunes. And we did our usual thing - Paul sends me the tracklist, I twiddle the knobs and a mix is born. All the music used here is fairly new, ranging from 2010 to 2019.
Here's what Paul has to say about this mix:
“Not for the faint of heart, this one’s full-on sequencers front and center, all the way through. Highway driving motorcycle music. Or vacuuming the house, aerobics music. Yet, part of the magic of this type of electronic music is the amazing way it has a soothing effect, even as it’s so propulsive. In any case, here’s a Perfect Seven from five of the current giants in the genre and two of its historic pillars.”
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Kubusschnitt - Enter Through The Nave(2019)
- 16:00 Broekhuis, Keller and Schönwälder - Tea With An Unknown Girl(2013)
- 28:15 ARC - Rise(2010)
- 41:42 Tangerine Dream - Hamlet(2013)
- 49:27 Jeffery Koepper - Belief(2015)
- 57:30 Chuck Van Zyl - All Souls' Day(2010)
- 63:00 Klaus Schulze - Chateaux Faits de Vent(2018)
- 76:03 end