Today, March 28th, is International Piano Day. This is what the Piano Day website says about today:
“Why does the world need a Piano Day? For many reasons. But mostly, because it doesn’t hurt to celebrate the piano and everything around it: performers, composers, piano builders, tuners, movers and most important, the listener.” – Nils Frahm
Piano Day, an annual worldwide event founded by a group of likeminded people, takes place on the 88th day of the year – in 2020 it’s the 28th March – because of the number of keys on the instrument being celebrated.
The aim of the day is to create a platform for piano related projects in order to promote the development of musical dimensions and to continue sharing the centuries-old joy of playing the piano. Piano Day welcomes all kinds of piano lovers — young and old, amateur and professional, of any musical direction – to join in this year's festivities. It is intended to be the most joyful of all holidays!
Piano Day gives me an excuse to put together an all-piano mix. I really like the vibe of this year's version. Most of it is very stripped down and simple. I've also found it to be very therapeutic during these quarantine times.
- 00:00 Plïnkï Plønkï - Hiraeth
- 04:22 Mike Lazarev - Afflicted
- 07:00 Olga Wojciechowska - All I Have Not Seen
- 11:27 Innesti - Forgotten
- 14:18 Klangriket & Sjors Mans - Leidseplein
- 18:22 Nils Frahm - Some
- 22:20 Ben Lukas Boysen - Only in the Dark
- 25:35 Ólafur Arnalds - saman
- 27:39 Sjors Mans - With You
- 30:31 S.hel - Eia Popeia
- 34:38 Hania Rani - Warszawa
- 39:55 Infinite Scale - Across the Otherside
- 42:03 Julien Marchal - Insight XXXVIII
- 43:12 Roger Eno And Brian Eno - Blonde
- 47:05 Yosi Horikawa - Thalfang
- 50:50 Piano Day Website Remix
- 63:29 end