I listen to as much indie music as I do ambient music. I always keep a list of favorite albums and favorite songs of the year. As I was looking at some of my favorite songs I noticed that several of them were quiet tunes that would be appropriate for an LLM mix. So I grabbed those and a few more favs and came up with "Quiet Indie Songs of 2020."
Squirrel Flower was my big discovery this year. I'd never heard of the artist before and a few of her songs turned out to be some of my most played tunes of the year. Phoebe Bridgers had one of the best albums of the year but my two fav songs on it were a bit loud for this mix so I went with the beautiful "Moon Song."
I also want to give a shout out to a local band that made my top ten list this year - Field Report. Their album, "Brake Light Red Tide," has a great sound and beautiful production. The song "Puget Sound" appears on this mix because I listened the heck out of it this year.
There's not much else to say other than enjoy this diversion from the usual LLM fair and an ambient 2020 mix is coming soon.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Squirrel Flower - Seasonal Affective Disorder
- 03:33 Field Report - Puget Sound
- 07:54 Devendra Banhart - Franklin's Tower
- 16:19 Phoebe Bridgers - Moon Song
- 20:48 Clem Snide - Roger Ebert
- 23:36 Bonny Light Horseman - Bonny Light Horseman
- 27:58 Kevin Morby - Sundowner
- 32:56 Sarah Jarosz - Hometown
- 35:48 North Americans - Rivers That You Cannot See
- 39:28 Mute Forest - Crater Laugh
- 43:28 Kronos Quartet with Meklit - The President Sang Amazing Grace
- 47:15 Alexandra Savior - Soft Currents
- 50:20 S. Carey - Take It With Me
- 55:06 Tresspassers William - Winterstorms
- 58:18 H.C. McEntire - Hands for Harvest
- 62:28 Squirrel Flower - Headlights
- 64:55 Bedouine, Waxahatchee, Hurray for the Riff Raff - Thirteen
- 67:51 M. Ward - Migration of Souls
- 71:19 end