It's been three years since the last season of Netflix's Stranger Things. Now with the 4th season upon us it must be time for a new mix - Stranger Synths 2022. Similar to previous version of Stranger Synths, this takes the retro vibe of the show's soundtrack and collects tracks that sound like they would fit perfectly in the TV series.
I wasn't planning on doing a mix this time around until I stumbled on the opening track Cybernaut by Jonny Fallout. The track can be found on a compilation from Triplicate Records called "Protozoa." As soon as I heard the track I was hit with a great Stranger Things vibe so I knew I had to gather more tracks and put together another mix.
I ended up going back to Triplicate Records three more times for this mix, using tracks from Hverheij, BVSMV, and Willebrant. Check the links below for these artists' album and bandcamp pages.
Here are links to the albums used in this mix in the order in which they appear:
Well, I guess I should go start season 4. Cheers!
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Jonny Fallout - Cybernaut (Protozoa 2021)
- 03:20 Nils Frahm - #2 (All Melody 2018)
- 10:20 Pye Corner Audio - Leaf Mould (Entangled Routes 2021)
- 13:04 Belbury Poly - ffarisees (The Gone Away 2020)
- 17:01 Foam and Sand - Circle 13 (Full Circle 2022)
- 19:42 Michael Garrison - To the Other Side of the Sky (Soul Jazz Records presents Space, Energy & Light: Experimental Electronic And Acoustic Soundscapes 1961-88)
- 23:30 Cliff Martinez - Landscape Gardener (The Foreigner 2017)
- 26:00 Boards of Canada - Come to Dust ( Tomorrow's Harvest 2013)
- 29:20 Pye Corner Audio - Decade Counter (Prowler 2015)
- 34:30 Graintable - Vision Quest (UnIVersal Ash 2019)
- 38:09 Hverheij - Becoming (Afterlight 2022)
- 40:42 The Belbury Circle - No Cat's Eyes (Outward Journeys 2017)
- 45:07 BVSMV - Rubicon (Triplicate Tapes Vol. 1: Datacap 2021)
- 49:07 Peter Baumann - The Blue Dream (Machines of Desire 2016)
- 50:48 Paul Haslinger - Dreamers and Misfits (Halt and Catch Fire Vol 2 2019)
- 53:10 Willebrant - This Day (Music for Dotted Lines 2022)
- 56:34 Wolfgang Riechmann - Abendlicht (Wunderbar 1978)
- 60:55 end