I haven't done a Sunday morning mix in quite a while so volume 14 solves that problem.
This follows the usual Sunday morning mix template of a few vocal tunes, some ambient tunes and a bit of jazz. I was happy to finally use Shenandoah in a mix. More than a year ago I was at a local high school spring concert and fell in love with the concert band version of this tune. I know it may sound out of place in a Low Light mix but I think it's beauty fits well with the Sunday morning series.
In addition to Shenandoah there is new music from Hite, Grails, The Delia Derbyshire Appreciation Society, Clocolan and fairly new music from Radiohead & Olafur Arnalds. And a nice old classic from Max Roach & Clifford Brown.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Olafur Arnalds - Particles
- 03:48 Grails - Rebecca
- 07:10 Sarah Neufeld & Colin Stetson - And still they move
- 09:56 Frank Ticheli - Shenandoah
- 16:20 Dan Romer & Benh Zeitlin - Once there was a hushpuppy
- 22:48 Fripp & Eno - Evening Star(The Delia Derbyshire Appreciation Society interpretation)
- 28:57 Clocolan - Obsolete Advancement
- 34:25 Orchestre National de Jazz - Révolution
- 43:20 Clifford Brown & Max Roach - Delilah
- 51:02 The Still - The Early Bird
- 58:42 Hite - Old Crow
- 62:15 Radiohead - True Love Waits
- 66:52 end