Oops! It's Sunday night & I'm posting a mix called Sunday Morning Music. Oh well, play it next Sunday while reading the paper with a cup of coffee.
This is the fourth in the Sunday morning series. It follows a similar pattern - some ambient, some vocal tunes, some jazz - all of it nice & relaxing. Perfect for a Sunday morning. This morning I was actually able to sip coffee out on the deck(shown in the pic). Not bad for the 11th of November in Wisconsin.
Two of my favorite cuts in the mix are the two tracks(End of the World & The Smallest Piece) from the soundtrack of "Beasts of the Southern Wild." I'm o very fond of the cuts from Geoffrey Oreyma & Andrew Bird. The latest release from Andrew Bird will definitely be on my year-end,best-of list.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Brambles - To Speak of Solitude
- 03:30 The xx - Angels
- 06:11 The Boats - The Ballad For The Girl On The Moon
- 09:40 The Bark Psychosis - Pendulum Man
- 16:40 Trespassers William - Believe Me
- 20:46 Yo Yo Ma & Chris Thile - Franz & The Eagle
- 24:20 Geoffrey Oryema - Makambo
- 28:55 Pat Metheny/Steve Reich - Electric Counterpoint
- 32:09 Philip Glass & Nosaj Thing - Knee 1
- 35:35 Charles Lloyd Quartet - Dwija
- 40:40 Clarke - Black Stone
- 42:34 Benh Zeitlin, Dan Romer, The Lost Bayou Ramblers - End of the World
- 44:00 Benh Zeitlin, Dan Romer, The Lost Bayou Ramblers - The Smallest Piece
- 45:25 Andrew Bird - Beyond the Valley of the Three White Horses
- 51:25 Horse Feathers - Summer for Capricorns
- 54:28 David Sylvian - Camp Fire Coyote Country
- 58:00 Nils Frahm - Sol